Thursday 15 March - Cyber Security for Financial Institutions
Cyber Security for Financial Institutions
· The causes of the rise in the risk of cyber crime
· Types of cyber crime affecting financial services
· The need for Perimeter Protection
· Cyber intrusion is not a one point in time event – it can go on for months
· The need for post hack disaster recovery plan.
· Cyber security for Financial Institutions
· Case Study – You’ve been hacked
1. Nesbitt, R. (2017) You’ve Been Hacked – Now What? Published in Globe and Mail.
2. Mosca,M (2016) A Quantum of Prevention for our Cybersecurity. Global Risk Institute in Financial Services
READING RELATED QUESTIONS:
1. How significant is the problem of cyber intrusion for financial institutions? Relate your answer to the issue of Trust.
2. Do firms have communication obligations to stakeholders? If so which ones in what order of priority?
3. How important is it to include cyber intrusion into a firm’s disaster recovery plan?
4. Who should take ultimate responsibility for cyber risk at a firm?